Some clients have asked us “what is a certificate of conformity” over the years, and…
BY RENAUD ANJORAN
If you are buying products from China, you probably asked the following questions:
- What type of certification is needed? How to be compliant?
- What is mandatory and what is only advised?
Getting the right information immediately is difficult.
I just discovered an easy-to-navigate and very useful website from UL: https://ul-certification.com.
The process is simple:
- Select the geographical area(s)
- Select the product category
- Click on a mark (e.g. UL Listing, CE…)
- Read the information on the extreme left of the page
It lacks a bit of detail, and it doesn’t cover all cases, but that’s a very nice start.
I hope UL will connect this further with their database of compliance requirements.